Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back to School!

Back to work I went! I think I relaxed maybe a LITTLE too much during break because I definitely didn't have everything ready when I walked into my classroom this morning. However, I managed to scramble most things together before the kids walked in. Thank goodness for having a prep on the first day back! I was able to get other stuff finished like correcting homework that the kids turned in right before Spring Break. Came upon this while correcting...

The kid did the assignment wrong (they were supposed to write "super sentences") but he sure had some interesting things to say about me. Also didn't know that I have brown hair. Last time I checked, my hair was black. :)

I do, however, have to applaud my students for a great day back. We had an excellent morning. The kids did a great job staying on task and working quietly during Daily Five. We even had district workers in the classroom for a whole period doing some installation work (we're finally getting our projectors mounted!!!) and my kids were able to get some work done at their desks without even getting distracted from all the drilling and stuff! I was very proud of them for that! Unfortunately, the workers in the room totally threw off the rest of our schedule which resulted in the kids being a bit thrown off too. But we did as well as we could given all the circumstances!! :)

How was your first day back from spring break? :)

P.S. Check out these cool recycled robots that one of the second grade teachers did with her students (some of my former students!!)!!! So cool!!
       




No comments:

Post a Comment