Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Doubles Rap

It's the doubles, baby, let's go let's go! 
It's the doubles, baby, and we start with zero!

Can you guess what we did in class today? :)

If you guessed doubles, then you are correct! The awesome thing about being a first grade teacher who moved to second is that I know what was taught in first grade. Knowing that doubles was taught in first grade, I figured it would be more exciting to review doubles through music rather than through worksheets. So, the fun began!

First, I showed the kids this video of some awesome second grade teachers out there (not my school)

Then I let the kiddos listen to version of the doubles rap that I made last night. 



After that, we voted on which one we wanted to learn to sing. I think the kids were trying to please me because they voted to use my version. 

We sang the song at least like four times. During the fourth time, I told the kids I wanted to see if they could sing it without me and secretly whipped out my phone to record the results.

Not bad. Not bad at all kids. Hopefully you have all your doubles facts memorized now! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! I just taught doubles early this week. I am so going to show this video. They will get a kick out of it. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete