Sunday, September 15, 2013

I'm Still Here!

Wow, I feel like I have been absent from the blogging world for a while! Guess that's what being back in school (plus everything else that's going on in life) does to you. It's also made me miss the last two Five for Fridays. Major sadness. But maybe I can do a quick recap? :D

Last Weekend
One of my very good friends got married and I was a bridesmaid! Sure was one crazy weekend. Practically took up the entire weekend, but these two wonderful people are finally married!
walking down the aisle w/ my groomsman partner
with the newlyweds
me and my date!
In the Classroom
Launched Reader's Workshop with some sharing of our favorite books and favorite reading memories.
The students each brought their favorite book from home to share with their classmates.
My favorite reading memory. 

In Science, we are learning about balance and motion. Started off our investigation with tops and creating tops! The kids loved that. 

At Home
After spending 2+ weeks failing to get the cheap cardboard magazine holders at Ikea (they were always sold out!), I finally gave in and splurged on plastic book bins from Steps to Literacy. They finally arrived this week! Very excited to start using them. Also gave me a chance to finally use my circle cutter for the labels!
Circle cutter + laminator = labels for book bins!
And just to end this post with some cuteness. A cute subtraction story!

No comments:

Post a Comment