Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Where Are We?

I've been wanting to have one of those signs that post in front of the classroom to let people know where we are when we are out of the classroom. I saw a whole bunch of cute ideas online from teacher blogs and pinterest but they were all diy projects that required materials and time to make. Well, as much as I like to spend on classroom thing, in general I'm not a big spender so didn't really want to spend the money on the materials needed to make a cute sign. This year, I noticed that my BTSA mentor (yep, still doing BTSA T_T) stuck a small whiteboard on her door and wrote on it: "We are: ". I thought that was a brilliant idea! However, wanting to be "original" (or creative as we shall say), I wanted to do something similar. Then I remembered that I have a laminator at home (I love my laminator!) and the idea was born.

I created a simple "Where are we?" sign to put on the wall next to my door. Just print it out, laminate it, and every time our class leaves to somewhere, I just circle or underline where we are with dry erase markder. Simple to make and all it needed was a collection of fonts that a previous teacher who owned this work laptop downloaded (most likely from Lettering Delights)!

Click on the preview for a better look and to download.


If you like this and want to use it but need some things either added or taken away, please leave a comment with your email and I will email you the revised version.

Hope you like this and find this useful! :)

Freebie Fridays


2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for linking up! I am your newest follower!

    Irene

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! Thanks also for becoming a follower. Means a lot! :)

      Pam

      Delete