Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gingerbread Freebie!

Conference week is finally over! Yay! So glad I made it through a week of minimum days and 22 conferences! The week could not have go by any slower. But we all made it through! And despite all the minimum days, we still managed to get quite a bit of stuff accomplished in the classroom.

One thing I wanted to share with you is a gingerbread poem I created and had the students complete. We wrapped up our community helpers unit this week so I thought it would be a perfect way to tie in the holidays and our current curriculum. As a homework assignment, I sent the kids home with a gingerbread template and told them to use whatever they had at home to disguise their gingerbread person as a community helper. I got some very creative ones back! Then in class, we completed the poem that I wrote. A quick shout out to my colleague Shauna for helping me with the poem!

This activity made for a great bulletin display and so of course, after my last conference on Friday (yipee!) I just had to change the bulletin so that our gingerbread disguises and poems could be on display for the week before winter break. I took pictures of it but of course left my camera at school so pictures will have to be added later. But for now, here's the poem template for your own classroom use! :)

Click on the image to download it!
Hope you like it! One more week until winter break. All the kiddies are very excited! When does your winter break start?

Freebie Fridays


No comments:

Post a Comment