Monday, December 1, 2014

It's December...Currently Time!

I had originally started a Thanksgiving post on Thanksgiving, but being on break was way too much fun and relaxing and I never got the post completed. But at least I'm here for the Currently!


Having two meetings (one before and one after school) on the first day back from a break is just so energy draining. I can't think! I'm amazed I even made it through filling out the Currently!

Listening - Castle the TV show!
Loving - First grade just started our Gingerbread unit! We're going to read different versions of the Gingerbread story and then write our own! The kids are also learning a Gingerbread Man dance right now, and if we're lucky with donations, we will also get to decorate our own gingerbread cookies!
Thinking - Don't think this needs any explanation.
Wanting - My boyfriend just started his new job as a corrections officer. He is working night shifts (6pm-6am) so I don't get to talk to him every day anymore since he is at work when I'm asleep and vice versa. It's rough, but we'll figure it out!
Needing - Order Scholastic books for my students and wrote their holiday cards (made via Vistaprint). Just need to wrap them! Feeling so on top of things!
Giving - Too braindead to do anything but a shoutout!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!!

    My brother is a police officer. I completely understand the whole time thing. I hate that I don't get to chat with him or see him as much. You will figure it out.

    Where in CA are you from?? We are having a meet up! Come check out my blog!

    Brianne
    Hooo-Ray For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ms. Wu,

    I love that I stumbled across your blog on Farley's page! My background and path to teaching is very similar to yours (but substitute Chinese with Spanish), and I'm excited about reading about your journey ;)

    cheers,
    adriana

    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete