Saturday, June 1, 2013

June Currently!

Is it really June already?! Having the first day of the month on a weekend always throws me off, especially so close to the end of school. I almost forgot to pay my rent today! And I almost forgot about the June Currently! But thanks to Feedly and all my lovely blog subscriptions, I was reminded!

LISTENING - There seems to be a Star Wars craze going on right now. Last week when I went back to the parentals, my mom was watching Star Wars on tv. I'm back again this weekend and guess what my mom's watching? You guessed it, Star Wars.

LOVING - Oh man, this week has been the most STRESSFUL ever! On Tuesday, I had to report for jury duty. Bad lucky already. When I was in the jury assembly room waiting to find out my fate, my group got released for lunch and told to go back in the afternoon for the afternoon session while that other groups after me were released from jury duty. More bad luck. During the afternoon session, I tried to plead my case and get dismissed with a hardship. However, that didn't happen. I was told to fill out the questionnaire and write down my personal hardship and go back on Thursday. Worst bad luck ever. However, my luck changed on Thursday. I got excused from jury duty! Whew, thank goodness for that. I literally stressed out for almost a month (since I received my jury summons) thinking about what I would do if I had to be out for the rest of the school year for jury duty. What a relief!

THINKING - Man, it makes me a tad bit jealous that so many people are already out on summer vacation. But at the same time, I'm sort of excited about these last two weeks of school because we get to do some fun stuff since we're done with the core curriculum. Also somewhat stressful at the same time because I need to clear out the classroom and make sure to send everything home with the kiddos. Good thing I already sent home most of the stuff at Open House!

WANTING - I think we all understand this one. :)

NEEDING - I'm not a super light sleeper, but sunlight definitely gets in the way of my sleep. Even with the blinds closed, a small sliver of sunlight will wake me up. This means when summer rolls around and the sun rises earlier in the day, I also wake up much earlier. This past week I've woken up before my alarm which really doesn't suit me at all (I am NOT a morning person). Anyone has solutions for this? :)

3 VACAY ESSENTIALS - iPhone is needed for everything (pictures, navigation, finding good restaurants to go to). Seeing how I'm going to Asia for three weeks, sunscreen and sunglasses will be an essential too. Since becoming a teacher, my skin has become super sensitive to the sun and my face will burn really easily. I think it's because I spend too much time inside. Ha. :)

Don't forget to link up you're Currently too!


3 comments:

  1. Ughh, I hate Jury Duty. I know exactly how stressful it can be! I slather on 50 spf everyday. Living in the middle of the Pacific Ocean makes it an essential year round!! Have fun in Asia, so jealous!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your vacation plans! I went to China for 3 weeks 11 years ago and I would love to go back! So hot and humid but I loved every minute of it!! Have a great time!

    Kathy
    Coloring Outside The Lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super excited to run across your blog through Farley's linky. I love finding other first grade blogs so I can read great ideas from other fabulous teachers! I can't believe you had jury duty. Ugh! I've never had to serve.

    ReplyDelete