Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love Notes Link Up!

I love surfing teacher blogs and finding fun linky parties to link up with. I stumbled upon this Love Notes Link Up linky party at Literacy and Laughter and am excited to be joining!
"Lovely List"
Name: Pam
Grade you Teach: First
State: California
Birthday: May 12th
Favorite Colors: Blue
Lucky Number: 12
Favorite Subject to Teach: Used to be Math, now I think I'm starting to really enjoy teaching phonics!
Go to Snack: 
TV Show: NCIS, Glee, Smash, Grey's Anatomy
Last Movie You Watched: Lincoln
Music You are Loving Right Now: All the songs we sing in class!
Always shopping at: Target
Word of the day: Great!

"Love Links"

a blog you are loving right now...
I only read teacher blogs. The first one that showed up on my reader feed!
The Teacher Wife

your Valentine or February pin board:


a product you adore:
My Purple Cow laminator!


"We'd all love to know..."

What are your favorite hobbies or what do you enjoy doing during your free time?
When there is ample time, I love to cook, even if it means throwing things into a slow cooker. But if there is time, I definitely love  

Your favorite vacation destination?
My home country...Taiwan!!

The best advice you've been given?
Don't take things personally. As a teacher who is told a lot of positive and negative things, it is definitely something I have to remind myself of once in a while. 

Most rewarding part of teaching?
Seeing the growth. First grade is definitely the year where you really see it, especially in reading and writing!! 

What are you known for?
At school, I am known to some colleagues as the "Snack Queen". I guess I have a lot of snacks or eat a lot of snacks? Not quite sure how that happened...

2 random facts:
#1
I'm not a big chocolate fan. A couple bites of it and then I'm done. I got tons of chocolate from my students last year during the holidays which usually ended up back home with the parents. So this year I told my kids I like skittles. And now I have TONS of skittles. @@

#2
I am the oldest of three. My youngest brother and I are 12 years apart. 

===
Happy reading! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day which means...another day of centers! I will end this post with a picture of the valentine we created with our 5th grade buddies today! (so cute!)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam.
    Thank you so much for linking up. :) I enjoyed reading your post. Just found you on Pinterest! : ) (I do not think you included a link to your February board in this post... but just used your Pinterest link at the top of your blog.) Have a great weekend!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, didn't realize I needed to link that up! It's been fixed now though. Thanks for letting me know! And thanks for visiting! :)

      Pam

      Delete