Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My First Grader Has a Boyfriend! Ah!

I promise I will be much better about blogging once these next two months are over. We had our school-wide oratorical event today which basically meant no real teaching happened today. Then report cards are due next week. The week after that is parent conference week. So...these next few weeks are going to busy. I hope to at least keep up with some linky parties though!

But! I am here because I'd like to get some ideas from my blogging friends for how to respond to this. I was speaking with a parent today and she mentioned to me that her daughter (one of my students) has been talking about having a boyfriend (another student in my class). It's nothing serious or anything but I suppose it's enough to raise their eyebrows (as she stated). She was wondering if there was any sort of script to use to discuss this topic with their kid. I couldn't really think of anything to say and I honestly think it is all harmless but maybe you veteran teachers out there have some advice as to how the parents can approach this with their daughter.

If you have some suggestions, please leave them in the comments! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment