Thursday, September 20, 2012

Another Freebie!

I am so behind on blogging, I know. There's so much I want to post about but there's just no time!!!

But this is another blogworthy moment because I am on a creating streak!!!

So my school uses Open Court Reading (OCR) for our Language Arts curriculum. We started turning our sound/spelling cards this week. So far we've turned over the sausage and monkey cards. Tomorrow we will be turning over the lamb card (short a). I found a lot of great "short a" activities for my kids to do to help them reinforce listening for and recognizing the sound. However, I wanted a sorting activity for my strugglers who are not able to read yet. Couldn't find something to my liking (most of the things I found were just words and no pictures) so I decided to give it a go and try to make my own. Well, so many ideas were going through my mind when I was creating this so I ended up making three versions! @@

Click on it to check it out! Please leave some comments or feedback if you download it. My first sorting creation and I swear it almost drove me crazy because I had so many ideas on what I wanted but couldn't seem to fit it on in one thing. And that is why there are three "versions". So as you can see, there are many ways to have your students sort these. I plan to have my lower students do the first version. Might pull this activity out again when we eventually introduce "long a" and have the student sort the "long a" and "short a" word families. We shall see. 

But all in all, I'm excited! I decided to get a personal laminator over the summer and I LOVE IT. So everything is printed out, laminated, and ready for tomorrow! Yay! :)

Freebie Fridays



6 comments:

  1. wonderful material thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks cute! I love the clip art. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. I am having a HUGE give away. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another follower! :)

      You probably don't know this, but I have been following your blog for the last year. I used a lot of your freebies in my classroom last year. :)

      Delete
  3. This is great - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! This will be great for reviewing with my struggling readers!

    ReplyDelete