1. Our Germinators have been doing wonders! The radish seeds are growing like crazy! Something new happens every day which makes for a very exciting beginning of the day for the students when they come into the classroom.
2. We did Teacher's Wife's "Who is worth more to you than gold?" writing activity. How fortunate am I to have some students think I am worth more than gold to them. This illustration really blew me away because it depicts me well!!! I have seen many different drawings of me from my students. This would have to be the best one!
3. Second trimester report cards went home this week which also means...spring parent conferences! I use SignUpGenius.com for all my classroom sign-ups (class parties, field trip drivers, conferences, volunteers, etc.). It is very easy to use. Plus, it's free!
4. We started our geometry unit this week! The kids love it! I'm sure they enjoy having a break from addition and subtraction. Of course, we still do our daily math facts practice. :)
5. What better way to celebrate the coming of St. Patrick's Day by making Leprechaun pudding? I saw this on Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas and thought, what a great idea! The kids absolutely love it!
One more week until Spring Break! Aaah!!! Can't wait!!! :)